Injectable fillers, also referred to as dermal fillers, are one of the most frequently requested cosmetic treatments among our Champaign-Urbana patients. And for good reason – injectable fillers are a safe, effective, and inexpensive way to enhance your appearance. Injectable fillers are made of synthetic or naturally-derived materials, which are injected into the skin with the intention of plumping up an area. Depending on the filler that is used, the effects of the treatment can last anywhere between 6 months and 2 years.
Dr. Russo uses injectable fillers to correct a very wide variety of concerns and enhance the appearance. Some of the most popular uses for injectable fillers include:
- Adding volume to the skin to fill out laugh lines (nasolabial folds)
- Filling in deep grooves between the eyebrow
- Adding volume to the lips and smoothing out fine lines in the area
- Enhancing the cheekbone area
- Filling in hollows under the eyes
Injectable fillers available at Rejuvenis Beauty
There are a large number of injectable fillers available on the market today. Each one has been uniquely formulated to provide a certain result or correct specific concerns. Dr. Russo has selected the safest and most effective for use in his Champaign, Illinois clinic.
Hyaluronic acid fillers
Dermal fillers made with hyaluronic acid are the most common type of filler available on the market today. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance that acts a cushioning and protective agent in the body. It can be found in soft connective tissues, the fluid surrounding the eyes, cartilage and joint fluids, and the skin. When the gel is injected, it adds support to facial tissues that have lost their structure and elasticity as part of the aging process. It also helps the skin look fresh and youthful by bringing water to the surface. We offer the following hyaluronic fillers at Rejuvenis Beauty:
- Juvéderm Ultra XC – This filler is used to treat wrinkles around the nose and mouth. It is designed to smooth and plump up the perioral area and can provide results for up to one year.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC – This product is thicker than Juvéderm Ultra and is able to fill out deeper wrinkles, making it the right choice to correct nasolabial folds and areas with greater volume loss. It is also very effective for use in lip augmentation.
- Voluma XC – The aging process can cause loss of volume and sagging skin in the cheek area. Voluma XC, part of the Juvéderm family of fillers, is specifically designed for adding volume to this area. The instant contouring and lifting effects of Voluma XC can last for up to 2 years.
- Restylane – Restylane is approved for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles, such as nasolabial folds. It can also be used to add volume where needed and augment the lips.
- Perlane – Perlane is part of the Restylane family of fillers. It is made up of larger hyaluronic molecules and is designed to be injected deeper into the skin. It is indicated for the treatment of deeper and more severe facial folds.
- Belotero – Belotero has a wide variety of uses, including smoothing out nasolabial lines, adding volume and contouring where it is lacking, and restoring the full, supple skin associated with a youthful face.
Synthetic filler – Radiesse®
In addition to the hyaluronic acid fillers described above, Dr. Russo currently offers one type of synthetic filler to his Champaign-Urbana area patients. Radiesse is a dermal filler that contains tiny calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres that are suspended in a gel. Radiesse improves the skin’s appearance in three ways: by filling wrinkles, adding volume and lift, and rejuvenating the skin through the stimulation of collagen production. The product can be used to treat moderate to severe facial wrinkles, augment the cheek area, contour the jawline, and restore volume to gaunt hands.
Consultation with Dr. Russo
The ways in which injectable fillers can be used to enhance your appearance are nearly limitless. If you are interested in getting dermal filler treatments, we encourage you to consult with Dr. Russo, a highly experienced, board-certified facial plastic surgeon. He will help determine the best product for you and then artfully inject the filler to achieve the most natural results. Please contact us today to set up your initial consultation.