Laser Resurfacing and Tightening
Laser skin resurfacing is a treatment that can dramatically improve the appearance of your skin. This treatment is designed to remove surface-level lines, wrinkles and deeper creases on the face, while providing overall rejuvenation and tightening of facial skin. It can also be used to treat other complaints, including acne scars and areas of sun damage. Capable of providing remarkable results, laser resurfacing and tightening treatments can be performed from the comfort of Dr. Russo’s Champaign, Illinois office using just local anesthesia.
How laser resurfacing works
During a laser skin resurfacing treatment, a laser emits a specialized light that goes through the skin. It is then absorbed by water in the collagen of your skin, causing a heat reaction that vaporizes fine layers of the epidermis (outer layer of the skin). The body then works to heal the wound, replacing old, aged skin with skin that is new and fresh.
Dr. Russo uses the Sciton® Erbium laser to perform laser resurfacing and tightening treatments. Considered one of the most advanced and sophisticated lasers for skin resurfacing, the Sciton® Erbium offers three levels of treatment, allowing Dr. Russo to tailor the treatment to meet the unique needs of each patient.
The Erbium laser works by removing narrow channels of skin in the targeted treatment area. Unlike “full field” skin resurfacing, a significant amount of healthy skin remains intact, which supports rapid healing after the treatment. The laser is used to specifically target areas of concern, such as acne scars and wrinkles, as well as provide an overall rejuvenating and tightening effect. Erbium laser skin resurfacing is the preferred treatment for individuals who wish to achieve noticeable improvement in skin appearance, with minimal downtime and fewer side effects.
Laser resurfacing and tightening can be used to improve the appearance of skin on the entire face or it can be used in more targeted areas to treat specific concerns. Some of the most popular treatment areas for our Champaign-Urbana area patients include:
- Eyes: Laser resurfacing is an effective treatment for correcting fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes. It can be used to minimize the appearance of “crows feet,” the lines that spread outwards from the corner of the eyes.
- Mouth and lips: The fine lines that surround the mouth and lip area can be easily treated with Erbium laser resurfacing. This treatment is very helpful in smoothing out nasolabial folds, marionette lines and smokers lines.
- Forehead and brows: Worry lines and other horizontal wrinkles that line the forehead and brow region can be almost completely erased through skin resurfacing.
- Mid face: The tone and texture of skin on the cheeks and nose can be improved dramatically with laser skin resurfacing. Laser resurfacing may be recommended in combination with a mid-facelift, when the skin shows signs of aging that cannot be corrected through a lift alone.
- Lower face: Skin on the lower face and jawline can be rejuvenated through laser skin resurfacing. You will see overall improvement in the tone and texture of skin with Erbium resurfacing.
Consulting with Dr. Russo
Dr. Russo is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who is committed to helping patients in the Champaign-Urbana area improve their appearance. He leverages his experience and skill, along with the latest medical equipment to help people achieve their goals. If you are interested in laser skin resurfacing and tightening, we encourage you to contact our Champaign, Illinois office to set up an initial consultation.