What Is an Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
A non-surgical rhinoplasty also referred to as an injectable rhinoplasty, is a technique used to modify the shape of the nose. Injectable rhinoplasty involves the use of dermal fillers–such as Voluma, Radiesse, and Restylane Lyft to smooth out bumps, correct asymmetry, and otherwise sculpt the nose.
Dr. Ronald Russo, a facial plastic surgeon and specialist in non-invasive cosmetic procedures, recommends non-surgical rhinoplasty to those who want to improve the appearance of the nose without going under the knife. An expert in advanced injectable therapies, Dr. Russo regularly performs non-surgical rhinoplasty at Rejuvenis Beauty in Champaign, Illinois.
Why Choose a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty?
Non-Surgical rhinoplasty is an increasingly popular option for nose reshaping. Some benefits of an injectable rhinoplasty include:
- No incisions
- Immediate visible results
- Results can be temporary or permanent, depending on the type of filler used
- No post-procedure swelling or bruising
- No downtime or postoperative follow up needed
- No risk of surgical complications
Although a non-surgical rhinoplasty can transform the nose, it has its limitations:
- A non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot make the nose smaller. To reduce the nose’s size, nasal tissue (cartilage and bone) must be removed. An injectable rhinoplasty is not a subtractive procedure.
- The procedure cannot correct functional problems, such as a deviated septum.
- A non-surgical rhinoplasty cannot correct complications from a previous nose surgery.
How Is an Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Performed?
To begin the procedure, Dr. Russo will numb the nose with topical anesthesia. He will then carefully inject the filler to create a symmetric nose and eliminate small imperfections. A non-surgical rhinoplasty can be done in less than half an hour. Depending on the objective, Dr. Russo will use one of the following fillers to refine the nose’s shape:
- Voluma is a volumizing hyaluronic acid-based temporary filler. Although the results are not permanent with Voluma, the effects can be seen for up to two years. Over time, Voluma will breakdown and be naturally absorbed then released from the body.
- Radiesse is a temporary dermal filler that is typically used to add volume to depleted skin. Composed of calcium and cellulose, Radiesse is biocompatible and does not require an allergy test before treatment. Results can last up to a year.
- Restylane Lyft is a volumizing hyaluronic acid filler typically used to treat wrinkles and volume loss on the face. A non-surgical rhinoplasty with Restylane Lyft will last about a year.
Your Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty Consultation with Dr. Russo at Rejuvenis Beauty
Although a non-surgical rhinoplasty is a straight-forward procedure, it still requires expertise with fillers, aesthetic sensibility, and an eye for detail. Over the years, Dr. Russo has perfected his non-surgical rhinoplasty technique. Contact Dr. Russo at Rejuvenis Beauty in Champaign, IL for your comprehensive consultation.