Profractional Laser and SkinTyte
As we age, collagen production within our skin slows, resulting in a loss of skin elasticity, sagging skin, and the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. At Rejuvenis Beauty, we offer our patients two highly effective treatments that are designed to stimulate collagen production and correct these initial signs of aging.
What is the Profractional Laser?
Treatment with the Sciton® Profractional laser utilizes fractionated laser technology. Our Profractional laser treats selective portions (“fractions”) of the dermis, the skin’s deepest layer, to initiate changes within the skin and stimulate collagen production. The laser works by destroying microscopic areas of skin, evenly spaced within the dermis. Healthy skin remains intact around these damaged areas, which supports the healing process. This results in faster recovery times and minimizes pain during the treatment.
Profractional Laser Treatment
The Profractional laser can be used on the face to improve skin tone, diminish the appearance of fine lines, and treat skin discolorations, stretch marks, and acne scars. As a facial treatment, the Profractional laser can be used to target concerns in specific areas, including:
- Eye area – Fine lines and wrinkles form easily in the delicate skin surrounding the eyes. The Profractional laser can be used to effectively and safely minimize fine lines around this sensitive area of the face.
- Mouth and lips – The fine lines that spread from the lips outwards respond very well to Profractional laser treatment. Dr. Russo uses this treatment to enhance the lip and mouth area by minimizing lines and enhancing overall texture.
- Mid face – The area across the cheeks and nose can take on an aged, dull appearance and is susceptible to the formation of sunspots. The Profractional laser can correct these problems by removing blemishes and scars, and providing overall rejuvenation.
- Lower face – Skin on the lower face tends to become slack with age, causing the skin to hang beneath the jawline. Profractional treatments can be used to firm up this skin to reduce sagging while improving overall tone and texture.
What is SkinTyte?
SkinTyte is another treatment that stimulates the production of collagen to improve the skin’s appearance. This treatment utilizes infrared energy to send heat deep within the skin to stimulate the production of collagen. SkinTyte uses powerful cooling technology to keep your skin’s surface cool during the treatment and minimize discomfort. There is no downtime required after a SkinTyte treatment.
SkinTyte can safely be used on all areas of the body to tighten and tone the skin, reduce sagging, and minimize fine lines. Amongst Dr. Russo’s Champaign-Urbana patients, SkinTyte is a very popular facial treatment. Commonly treatment areas include:
- Eye area – SkinTyte can be used to treat the sensitive area around the eyes. The end result is a fresher look and minimization of fine lines around the eyes.
- Mouth and lips – SkinTyte is an excellent choice for patients who seek rejuvenation of the mouth and lip area. The treatment will firm the skin and provide a gentle lift, minimizing fine lines that frequently form in this area.
- Lower face – For those suffering from the appearance of jowls, SkinTyte can be used to firm up and tighten the skin along the jawline.
Which treatment is best for me?
In general, Profractional Laser treatments provide more dramatic results, but there are many reasons why SkinTyte may be the preferred treatment. During your initial consultation at our Illinois office, Dr. Russo will examine your skin and take your needs and goals into consideration before recommending a treatment.
|Profractional Laser Treatment||SkinTyte Treatment|
|Recovery period||4 – 7 days||No downtime|
|Anesthesia required||Local numbing cream||Not usually required|
|Skin problems treated||Fine lines, skin discolorations, acne scars, stretch marks, skin laxity||Skin laxity that results in loose, saggy skin and fine lines|
|Number of sessions required||Typically 1 – 2 sessions||Typically 2 – 5 sessions|
|Results||Full results within 4 – 6 months; some results seen immediately||Full results within 4 months; some results seen during first month|
Consultation with Dr. Russo
If you’re unhappy with the appearance of your skin, we encourage you to book an initial consultation with Dr. Russo at our Champaign office. After gaining an understanding of your goals and examining your skin, he will discuss all treatment options that are available, including Profractional Laser and SkinTyte. Please contact us today to get started!